Friday, April 10, 2009

Volterra vs. Montepulciano #1

OK. So I searched through my massive amount of photos that I took last Sept. when I went to Italy & pulled a few just so I could compare the two cities. Montepulciano is where they are going to film New Moon. Volterra is where it is supossed to be. Although they are still calling it Volterra for the movie. Anyways, I am babbling.

Here is the real Volterra:

I loved Volterra because it was one of the first places we visited once in Italy. The steps going up to the city are the same steps that the Romans used to travel there. The steps that are more elongated are the ones they used carts on to haul whatever was needed up to the city. The giant doors to the city are the same doors that have been there forever as well. I also was so excited to finally see my first ruins of a colloseum here. I love Italy. :-)




















1 comment:

Patches said...

Wow! So jealous you got to go there! It's all soooo freakin cool!