Monday, November 17, 2008

Forks & La Push, WA

HOLY CROW!!! If I became independently wealthy I now know where I would buy a home. I LOVE LA PUSH!!! I really like Forks also but First Beach @ La Push is breathtaking. It's hard to come up with words to decribe what I felt when we pulled up there. I felt like I didn't know Washington at all.

Anyhow, our road trip to Forks for our Twilight mania, self guided tour was SO MUCH FUN!! I took tons of pictures. LOL! The drive over even felt like we were going into another world. The rainforest was beautiful (we took the more scenic route.) We went through Port Angeles. When we got to Lake Crescent it was almost surreal...the weather was beautiful but there was this weird misty fog floating through the mountains and across parts of lake. Once we got within about 15 miles of Forks the sun disappeared and were suddenly in overcast weather. LOL!! They don't lie about their weather over there. HAHA! When we drove through the town we stopped at Forks High School & snapped some photos. A photographer from 'The Olympian' found us & asked a couple questions, then he took our phone numbers & names so their reporter could call us later. HAHAHA! We went on to the Chamber of Commerce to pick up our maps to do the self guided tour. The lady there (Marcia) was totally fun. They have sweatshirts there and bumperstickers. They give you the Twilight packet which consists of the map, other attractions in Forks, and a long list of Twilight trivia. It actually has pretty good questions too.

So we drove all around and took pictures at the Outfitters (Bella's work), The Swan's house, The Cullen's, The police station. We went to the hospital and Dr. Cullen (the real life Dr. Cullen) came out & we got our picture taken with him. One of the hotels in town had a reader board that said "Edward Cullen did not sleep here." This town went all out! We did some shopping but didn't find anything that great. The Outfitters has the best stuff there I think or the Chamber of Commerce. After this is was off to La Push!! The Quileute resevation is very beautiful. First Beach & Second Beach are probably the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen in Washington. I got lots of really beautiful pictures I can't wait to put in frames. Once we were done at the beach we were ravenously hungry!! We decided to go back into Forks & eat at Sullys Burgers. This joint has great burgers & shakes. Home of the "Bella Burger" and the "Twilight Punch". If you like pineapple on your burger you will love it!! The punch is really just strawberry lemonade but it's tasty!!

This was probably the most fun "1 day road trip" I have been on. Beth, Rosina, and I are planning on going back to La Push. Ok well not so much planning as actually going. We have a 2 bedroom cabin booked for 7/24 -7/26. Thanks so much to Ms. Beth's speedy-ness. I know after this movie comes out it will get even more crazy in that area than it already is. So we booked EARLY. I can't wait to go back!! This might be my new vacation spot. I LOVE IT!!! Soooo...all in all it was totally worth it for me to go. I think if you are as obsessed as I am you should take the trip. If you want to see pictures I should have them up on my myspace pretty soon. :-) Now comes the movie...I can't wait!!! This is my next event that I am pumped up for!! only 2.5 more days!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Patches said...

So fun! I really want to go now!!!

Patches said...

Hey slacker! Still waiting to see those pics! ;)