Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My obsession!!!





So these books are my obsession...I can't really explain it to people because they always think I am crazy. That is until they finally get curious enough to read them themselves. From there it always turns around and they finally understand. LOL! It all started on the way to Italy. I had seen a couple of the previews for the upcoming movie 'Twilight' and thought to myself that looks like a movie I want to see. When we were in Las Vegas airport I saw a book by the same name and decided to read it on the plane. The ONLY breaks I took was on our rush to the next plane in New York and when I was eating. So, about 15 hours later, there I was in Pisa, Italy done with this book and not in possesion of the second book 'New Moon'.


If you have read these books I am sure you have barely been able to wait overnight to go buy the 2nd, & then the 3rd, & then the 4th books in the series. Well I went to find it in Italy and immediatley cursed myself for NOT BEING ABLE TO READ ITALIAN. HAHA! I hunted & hunted. Finally I found 'New Moon' (in English) in Sienna and bought it. I cursed myself then because I finished it in less than 24 hours and was empty handed again. Our last day in Italy I found 'Eclipse' in Lucca. Again I read this book on the plane from Pisa to London to Shannon, Ireland. I found myself in another country I was SURE it would be an easy book to find in Ireland since they speak English and all. I was correct about that and I tried to savor every moment of that last book since as far as I new it was the last one.

I thought that with the end of this book that I would relax and I wouldn't be quite so engrossed in these books. When I got home I couldn't shut up about it! I became a promoter for the entire book series. (Even though you only need to have people read the first one & then it's all over.) Sometimes I wonder how much money I am making for Stephenie Meyer & her family. LOL! I have now read Twilight about four or five times and the other three books I have read three times. I still have not let go of these books and I doubt I ever will. Not to mention there is suppossed to be another coming out now.

I have never been much of a reader at any time of my life. Only the books that we were ordered to read in school. It had been about 2 years since I had read any books actually. I think I personally have found the books that I will be able to pick up and read again for the rest of my life, at any time in my life. Last night my roomate & I even went to the South Center mall to wait in line to meet some of the cast of 'Twilight' the movie. I have never seen so many screaming, 15 year old girls in my life!! I have now recruited many, many more fans and I am so happy to share my obesessiveness with them too! SO!!! I want to HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING THESE BOOKS! Twilight starts out somewhat slow but before you know it... BAM!!! From that moment on you are addicted. You have been warned...Enjoy every moment of it.

1 comment:

Patches said...

AMEN to that! Even as I type, I'm DYING to go home and find out what the heck happens with Edward in New Moon! Seriously, WTF?!? Also trying desperately to not look at anything that would spoil the book for me! Torture I tell you! Glad I'm not alone! And so glad you started a blog!!! :D