Thursday, December 11, 2008

OK! I've Commited! Now just to read it...this should be interesting.

OK...I have committed now. I admit I do not want to be done with Twilight yet by any means but since I got the urge last night to buy Stephenie Meyer's 1st book of her next series I just went and did it. I have read three chapters so far, and it seems good. Don't get me wrong!! It's NO TWILIGHT SERIES!! I don't think anyone will ever be able to top those. The fact that I love every character in those books and the way I am somehow drawn to them... I mean I have never wanted to go visit a town where a book is based out of. Yet, there I was in Forks, WA and La Push, WA taking in the sights. As my god-mother told me yesterday..."You are drawn for a reason which you may not understand for now." She's always so supportive. HAHA! My mom just thinks I am crazy. (It's because she won't read them.)

Anyhow, back to this new book. It was definitely an adventureto get it! I went to the store to pick one up and there were only 3 copies (all in hardback). I would have bought it but I didn't have the cash on me to buy a $22 book. I assumed they would have it in paperback for like $10 or something. No such luck. So I decided to go home get cash & go buy it at the Wal-mart by my house. Well of course that location didn't have it so I just went home, ate dinner, and went to bed. This morning I woke up early ran to the Spanway Wal-mart and bought it. I misjudged the time it would take me to get to work so I had 30 minutes to spare before I started. So...naturally I started to read. Like I said it feels like it's going to be a good book...and then it happened.

I went to lunch today and read 2 more chapters. Now I am hooked! GOSH DARN IT!!!! This Stephenie Meyer lady is a hypnotist I tell you!!! Only she does it with words! Making them all hypnotizing and stuff! LOL! I'll admit it, this book was not something that I was interested in reading at all. SCI-FI about aliens...but, alas I now will be reading into the wee hours of the night I assume.

The only negative...I found Twilight when all four books were already released. This book 'The Host' is only the first of 3 or 4 books. None of the others are out yet. UGH!!! What kind of mess have I gotten myself into now??!!

1 comment:

Patches said...

Well, I was interested in the prospect of having something to distract me from Twilight! But I'm pretty sure I could not handle waiting for the rest of a series to be published if it is anything like Twilight! I kind of like my hair and would like to keep from pulling it all out if possible. ;) Though, I would have Twilight to re-read and distract myself with in the mean time. Hmmm...Maybe I'll have to get it, so we can atleast have something else to distract us from riding so we don't look like totally hopeless Twilight addicts.