Friday, December 26, 2008

Docs Smart Lil Lynx



Ok... I have totally been slacking at this blog stuff lately! Here's my "excuse" though. Over Christmas I got a really large gift from my friend at the barn and now I really have zero time unless I do this at work. Here is a picture of what I opened on Christmas Day... Her name is Scooter and she is so great. Honey is not at all happy about it but maybe it's like that for all only children at first. :-) Honey has tried to bite me 3 times since Christmas!!! She hasn't tried to bite me since she was 4 years old and I layed the smack down on her for it!! LOL! She's been very pissy and immature for an almost 9 year old horse.
Anyway... Scooter is so much fun and I had been talking about wanting a new project for a long time and I finally got it. I will be starting her in drill this year but other than that I am not sure what exactly I want to do with her. I was thinking about trying her out at the Zone shows this summer in Hunter classes. She seems to be a very willing horse for me and she has an amazing trot. It kind of amazes Janice (her old owner) because she and Scooter used to fight each other for everything. She is actually bred to be a cow horse but doesn't look it much. I might see if she has any natural talent for cutting or reining or whatever. Maybe we'll have some buffalo again this summer. I can't wait to go trail riding this summer!! I know right...who would have thought those words would come from my mouth! HAHA! I love Honey with all my heart and she will always be my first girl but trail riding on her was never a whole lot of fun for me. My fault for not doing it more often with her. Actually I think I am just retarded now that I think about it. Honey was excellent the last time I took her on a trail ride. I think I hated it so much because it was a ride everyone told me was nice and easy and only a couple hours long. Over two hours and you are pushing it with me. HAHA! But that ride ended up being 5 hours long up in Elbe Hills on switch backs and other crappy stuff!!

Yep...pretty sure it is just me. Here's to having two horses! I never actually though it would happen. HAHA! There is something to be said about getting a horse for Christmas. Let me tell you!



1 comment:

Patches said...

Congrats on your new pony! :) I'm sure Honey will get over it. Eventually. Love your new header pic too!